The Shop > CNC

About to give up

(1/5) > >>

Will_D:
I am getting very frustrated with my DDCSV NC controller.

I have just tried to run the attatched file. It gets to line 8:

G01 X51.50 Y25.00

and moves a bit then the controller hangs up! The timer is running in the top RH corner but thats it.

Only thing then to do is het the reset button and then re-zero in the MAC coordinate system.

As you can see I generated this from a sketch of a 25 x 50 block using Estlcam to keep things simple. I have edited out all but the moves and still it won't work

Talking of Estlcam when I try to connect a genuine (afaik) Arduino Uno I get an error message:

Unexpected bootloader version: 3.3
I see the Tx Rx lights flashing.
Then get
No response from controller

Please help - this is driving me nuts!

awemawson:
Delete line 8 and see if it obeys the rest of the lines. Look for any odd, non printing characters just before or just after line 8 (may need to do that in a binary editor)

Mind you is it actually line 8 that's hanging it, or maybe the previous line - did Z actually go down to -0.5 ?

Merlin201314:

--- Quote from: Will_D on January 24, 2017, 10:55:27 AM ---I am getting very frustrated with my DDCSV NC controller.

I have just tried to run the attatched file. It gets to line 8:

G01 X51.50 Y25.00

and moves a bit then the controller hangs up! The timer is running in the top RH corner but thats it.

Only thing then to do is het the reset button and then re-zero in the MAC coordinate system.

As you can see I generated this from a sketch of a 25 x 50 block using Estlcam to keep things simple. I have edited out all but the moves and still it won't work

Talking of Estlcam when I try to connect a genuine (afaik) Arduino Uno I get an error message:

Unexpected bootloader version: 3.3
I see the Tx Rx lights flashing.
Then get
No response from controller

Please help - this is driving me nuts!

--- End quote ---
Can you please upload the DXF?
So I can try with my controller and Estlcam
Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

David Jupp:
Oddly enough, I've just bought a 3 pack of Arduino Nano clones - 2 for use with EstlCAM and one as a spare (Nano essentially being a Uno but squeezed onto a much smaller board).  This is to let me use a PC with USB port to drive my engraver and potentially my mill - and also EstlCAM controller doesn't have the limit on number of lines that Mach3 (free) has. 

I'll probably also buy an EstlCAM licence for the CAM functionality.

Interesting things I did learn whilst searching for these, there are those out there who advertise what claims to be a Nano, but has a different version of the Atmel chip on board with less memory - check the listings very carefully.  Luckily I spotted that and decided that for a whole £1 or so per board, I'd make sure to get the correct chip.  Not sure if same issues exist for Uno.

Despite having the CH340 serial/usb chip in place of the FTDI chip, the boards I purchased worked flawlessly when I asked
EstlCAM to program the board.

Must admit I was using the latest EstlCAM beta, not the 'production' version.  Looks like a lot of work has gone on in between.   Might be worth trying a different build of EstlCAM to see if issue is with the program or the board.

When asking a question, I got very prompt response from Christian at EstlCAM - might be worth dropping him a line.

Will_D:

--- Quote from: Merlin201314 on January 24, 2017, 01:47:42 PM ---Can you please upload the DXF?
So I can try with my controller and Estlcam
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Hi Merlin, thanks for the help

Here it is! Not the biggest dxf file

Had to rename the file to .txt to post it but it is a dxf!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version