Author Topic: An introduction to my Grinding Rests  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Metalman

An introduction to my Grinding Rests
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »
Regarding my videos we now come to what I think are the most important for many as they show my grinding rests being used for sharpening workshop tools. I say important, as it has become apparent that some have made one but are not fully sure how to use them. This is not unreasonable, as I consider that sharpening workshop tools is, overall, the most varied of all workshop activities.

The following is a list of the ten which I have already prepared, just possibly there may be one or two more.

An Introduction to the Rests.
Lathe Knife tool.
Lathe boring tool, also applicable to a milling boring tool.
End Mill, end edges only.
End Mill, fully.
Dovetail cutter.
Slitting Saw.
Four Facet Drill form.
Wheel Dressing.
Centre Punch.

The one which I am making public this time is, not surprisingly,  “An Introduction to the Rests.  A link to this can be found here http://www.homews.co.uk/page145.html

In view of the importance of these videos I am publicising them on all of the English speaking forums which have links to my website. Does anyone have links with a non English speaking forum, if so, I would appreciate it if you can give my videos, particularly those for the grinding rests, a mention.

Harold

Online awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: An introduction to my Grinding Rests
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »
Keep up the good work Harold - your videos are excellent for beginners and us old timers as well  :thumbup:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Chilliphil

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:46:43 AM »
As one the beginners on this forum, can I add my thanks to you Harold. I find your website and videos outstanding.

Offline mattinker

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 06:10:57 AM »
I visit your web site from time to time, there's always something interesting. I have your tool and cutter sharpening book which I find useful.  I like your reminders on this forum, they help me go back to what you've been doing!

All the best , Matthew