Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Close. But, no Cigar.......

(1/6) > >>

Stilldrillin:
Hello All.....

I'm just emerging, from the winter hybernation period, spring cleaning, round toits, gonna do's, etc......

Mid February, another orphan flame licker arrived. This one's, tiny!   :scratch:
 As I understand. Made in Germany. Travelled to Denmark. Then to Hereford. (UK). Finally, to my door, in Derbyshire.

No arrival pics. Here's, Little Munchkin.......

Bore, 13mm. Stroke, 11mm. Not ideal dimensions.......

The cam, was an eccentric.......

Now, it is a 120* cam. With 6mm lift.........

The undersize, alloy piston. Was replaced with graphite. The cotton wick replaced with s/s mesh.

I've done all I can think of, to bring this orphan to life.........

Close. But, no cigar! (I think, I'm trying to change the laws of physics)......

Any further ideas? Anyone? Pleese.....

David.

sbwhart:
Hi Dave

Good to see your back in the shed, working on the orphans. I've no suggestion with this one, but I'd take a bet that you'll get it working.

Stew

fcheslop:
Thinner valve or try Jan Ridders newer valve idea. Poppins is about three thou from memory
cheers

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: sbwhart on April 06, 2017, 03:13:13 AM ---Hi Dave

Good to see your back in the shed, working on the orphans. I've no suggestion with this one, but I'd take a bet that you'll get it working.

Stew

--- End quote ---

Hiya Stew!
 Thanks for your confidence, in my prowess....... I'm having a few doubts, with this one!  :scratch:

David.

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: fcheslop on April 06, 2017, 11:08:46 AM ---Thinner valve or try Jan Ridders newer valve idea. Poppins is about three thou from memory
cheers

--- End quote ---

Frazer.
 Thanks for the drawings!  :thumbup: Though, I don't see how I could adapt, to this one......  :scratch:

I think, the last try, will be a piece of feeler gauge.

Thing is.... There's nothing actually wrong with it! It's so tiny, anything slightly out of spec is a problem....   

David.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version