The Shop > Our Shop

new workshop - insulation advice needed

<< < (7/7)

awemawson:
Southern Screeders :

http://www.southernscreed.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp-ztyfL-1AIVyhbTCh0RAAnrEAAYASAAEgKntvD_BwE

Express Liquid Screeds:

http://www.expressliquidscreeds.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp-ztyfL-1AIVyhbTCh0RAAnrEAAYAiAAEgLa-PD_BwE

Then there's always Yellow Pages:

https://www.yell.com/s/plastering+and+screeding-ferndown.html

picclock:
Thanks for the feedback and further assistance.
I finally got someone whose been doing it for 13 Years. I tend to use checkertrade or mybuilder.com as they have customer feedback, and can supply local artisans. Problem was despite contacting three lots on checkertade with two no replies and one request to visit and assess who didn't turn up, and then trying on mybuilder with no results I was getting a bit desperate, but mybuilder came through. The chap does car showrooms and similar and has some good pictures on Facebook. After a visit he reckons it will take about 30 bags of latex self levelling compound. He is round Friday to seal it and fill in the deep areas, then him and a mate will do it Saturday morning.

Will try and post before and after pictures. Its a very deceptive floor in that its only when you put a straightedge and level on it you can see how bad it is. There are very few places where my ladder will sit with all four feet touching.

Best Regards

picclock
Best Regards

picclock

picclock:
The floor is latexed  :thumbup:, but the finish is not as good as it should be. The chap doing had cut his knee with a hooked stanley blade and it was stitched up by hospital, which along with the painkillers may have contributed to the issues. However, its adequate and miles better than the crumbly concrete that was there before.

I have just started putting up the battens and insulation which is going well on the whole. Although I have fitted one OSB sheet its too heavy for me to handle on my own so I am getting some help in for that. For the ceiling I have decided to go with a suspended one with insulation on top. Have done quite a few tests on LED bulbs and the two winners are Integral 12.5W for 1521 Lumens and the philips corepro 13.5W @1521 Lumens. They are both about £5 or less depending on quantity, but the Integral lamp has, to my eyes a higher CRI, and uses 8% less power. The supposedly high output junk on ebay is a shadow of the winners. Used a light meter to measure.

I do have a problem with fitting the cut down sheets of polystyrene. The full size sheets work OK but when it comes to the ends of the wall next to the piers they are never square or straight, often waisted in the centre. Its no problem cutting to the shape, but transferring the required size to the sheets is proving very difficult. I am getting by by hand cutting in the last few mm with a stanly knife, but I am sure there must be a better way. Any thoughts or ideas in this area much appreciated.

Best Regards

picclock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version