Author Topic: Sack barrow  (Read 3561 times)

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
Sack barrow
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
This is not a project of which I am particularly proud but it does the job. I have found it a struggle to move the gas bottles that I use for my metal melting furnace and finally got around to making a sack trolley. I know that they are not so expensive to buy but I had the wheels, some bed angle iron and a newly purchased welder.
When I first made it I realised that it was too short, so today I cut the handles off and added some spacers. I know that my welding is rubbish, that will improve with practice, but I do know that I need to buy an automatic welding mask, how does anyone manage to weld with the old ones?

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Sack barrow
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
Nice one Norman  :thumbup:

Do you strap the bottle on, or push and hope  :scratch:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:58 PM »
I just put a bungee strap on it, it wobbles around but stays there. I didn't want to put special brackets on it that would prevent other usage.

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
I have seen much worse Norman yours looks pretty sturdy by comparison to one I was borrowed by the window cleaner up the road. Needed to move a american fridge/freezer and he offered it to me I took one look and decided to walk it out  :lol:
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/