Author Topic: Registering again  (Read 3810 times)

Offline bpud

Registering again
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:59:49 AM »
Hi there everyone,
I have re-registered after a computer meltdown, and I forgot my login details, yep a senior moment!!  This time I have kept a record!!
Anyway, my main interests are in making model aeroplane engines and tooling and stuff.
In the workshop (the Boss calls it a black hole) are a 12 or 13 year old Sieg C3, which has been updated/upgraded with taper roller bearings for the spindle, taper gibs for the carriage, and I'm just in the process of making a load of toolholders for the "OXA" type QCTP purchased from Arc Euro, despite the fact that I'm in Australia and they are in the UK!! 

There is also an 11 or 12 year old Sieg X2 (mini) mill, which will be getting a bit of routine maintenance when the toolholders are finished. 

There is also a rather lovely Schaublin 70 turret lathe which is a fairly new acquisition for me.  The machine itself is about 1970 ish.  I'm planning on designing and building a carriage for it (secondhand carriages for a Schaublin 70 are upwards of US$1200, if you can find one!!), so that it can be even more versatile. 

Looking forward to catching up with whats been going on!!
cheers
Bill

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
Re: Registering again
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »
welcome back to the collective  :borg:
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
hi and welcome

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »
Hello and welcome to the asylum

Ian

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »
Hi Bill
Welcome to the forum.  Where about are you, I am in Blacktown,  NSW.  I also purchased a OXA toolpost from Arc, best thing I ever done.

Barry.

Offline Biggles

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:55:42 AM »
Welcome back Bill.

Offline bpud

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:05 AM »
Hi Barry,
I'm in Adelaide. 
Yes I'm impressed with my OXA QCTP.  The Arc Euro delivery was amazing, under a week from UK to Adelaide!!
I mentioned I'm making some more toolholders, well there are only another 25 M6 x 1 threads to tap, and the height adjusting knurled thingies to make and I'll have LOTS of toolholders!!
cheers
Bill