Author Topic: Which CAD/CAM to learn 3D design and use 3D printer and CNC mill  (Read 18648 times)

Offline chipenter

Re: Which CAD/CAM to learn 3D design and use 3D printer and CNC mill
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2017, 04:14:30 AM »
I didn't renew within the 6 days from the email , and now it wont let me renew , I am getting Autocad mobile for Windows 10 but only does 2d .
Jeff

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2017, 05:57:17 AM »
You need a new email address to register as a hobbyist then all should be well - just set up a yahoo or gmail account :clap:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline nrml

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2017, 03:03:36 PM »
I didn't renew within the 6 days from the email , and now it wont let me renew , I am getting Autocad mobile for Windows 10 but only does 2d .

It might be worth having a quick look at designspark mechanical before spending money unless you are already an Autocad expert. It is free, does 3D modelling and can output .stl and .dxf and it doesn't have that annoying renewal problem.
Most importantly it appears to be not very difficult to learn.

Offline chipenter

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2017, 03:59:44 AM »
Fusion 360 did its updates and now wont work , get a message insufishent data and will now go online and shuts down , tried downloading Autocad 18 thet failed to install , will have to uninstall every thing and try again .
Jeff

Offline CrazyModder

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »
What I am reading here (and in other similar posts on other forums) leads me to put Fusion360 and similar "free as in free beer" CADs far from my mind, really. Imagine after investing hours or days in learning the thing, and then they decide that they don't want non-paying customers that much anymore. Like CADSoft/Eagle earlier this year. *Shudder*. Guess if/when Sketchup packs up, I'll give FreeCAD a look-see; last time I checked that one out, usability was rather "meh".

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »
They've put out several statements that it will remain free for hobbyists, and certainly my renewal at 12 months went smoothly  :scratch:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex