Author Topic: Repeat-o-meter  (Read 12303 times)

Offline mattinker

Re: Repeat-o-meter
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 03:27:39 PM »
Good to know. However many does not ship here. Bu not a bigie, because I have one cheap extra that is close to same size than the Mitutoyo

remember, I'm in France, not the UK, the "metric" countries seem much better for micron dial gauges!!

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 12:45:32 AM »
Pekka
1.35mm seemed on the thick side to me, but it worked well. I think it's important to remember it's in the flexible range of the metal. The two limiting bars on the side are intended to keep the flexion in the limits of flexibility, mine are a bit slack, but it isn't a worrying amount of movement. The actual movement that I've found on my surface-plate is less than 0.01mm, so you can really limit the movement!

regards, Matthew

Thank you. I'll be aiming to 1,35 mm too.

I was thinkking making a bit diferent limittier for the movement. I was thinkking too that very little movement is needed and the DTI max. span is here 1 mm some are considerably less therefore that small controlled play is actually hard to make on both sides. Was thinking a centrally placed hard buffer, but those link arms on the sides seem easy to make in comparison if they don't line up correctly in first plase.

I cut HRS bars and put them vinegar last night to take the scale and rust off. I have some flu, but I'll hope to make some progress and recovery today.

I noticeed on your video that the radio program was not from Kent!

Been drolling over Mahr Mikrokators, but they are pricey.
https://www.mahr.com/en/Services/Production-metrology/Products/Precision-gages/Millimess---Digital-and-Dial-Comparators/Millimess---Mechanical-Dial-Comparator/Millimess---Mechanical-Dial-Comparator--%C2%B5m/Millimess---Mechanical-Dial-Comparator--standard-model--%C2%B5m/

Cheapest I found was a pack of three, nearly 600€ all thee, unused. Unit price reasonable, but could not bring myself buy the whole lot.

Pekka

Offline mattinker

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 06:02:12 AM »
Pekka,

Nothing like the quality you've found, but at a pinch,

http://www.ctctools.biz/micron-dial-indicator-gauge-d08/

Regards, Matthew