Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Photobucket & Third Party Hosting.

(1/12) > >>

Pete W.:
Hi there, all,

I recently received an email from Photobucket advising me that third party hosting from my account had been disabled.  The message stated that to restore third party hosting I would have to sign up for a higher grade of membership.  On investigation, I discovered that there are four grades of membership of which only the top grade supports third party hosting.

The subscription for that grade of membership is listed at $39.99 per month.  There is no way I can afford that subscription.

The consequence of this is that all the photographs on my early Mad Modders posts have been replaced by a Photobucket window announcing that the photo is no longer hosted.  A further consequence is that there are many of my posts, occupying Mad Modders server storage, which are meaningless without the photos.

I apologise for this situation, both to the Mad Modders management and to individual Modders.

I do feel a bit peeved that this situation has arisen since I do not remember Photobucket offering me any sort of tariff choice when I signed up with them.  I realise that if a hundred Modders opened one of my threads (well, I can dream, can't I?!?!) at more or less the same time, there would have been a lot of bandwidth occupied, all of which has a cost.  I currently have an ad-blocker on my browser and I have received messages from other sites asking me to switch it off because they are funded by their advertising but Photobucket have never sent me such a message.

In recent posts, I have embedded my photos in the post rather than linking to them on the Photobucket site but that costs Mad Modders' server storage capacity.

What experiences do other Modders have in this respect?  Is this old news to any/most of you?   

mattinker:
I received the same thing, very disappointed!

vtsteam:
That's odd, I have hundreds of photos on Photobucket, and I haven't received any messages about my account. All photos still show here on the forum.

Do you guys have some particular kind of account, or do you have lots of storage there? Large photos? My storage shows 6% full.

I sure hope they don't shut mine down......

Stilldrillin:
Over on the steam toy forum, lots of the members have received the same notification.....

My pics are still showing. But, not for much longer, I fear.......  :bang:

$400 rental!! That's never going to work......  :palm:

David.

awemawson:
All the more reason to put the pictures on the forum, not externally.

OK it's my hobby horse, but I'm right am I not  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version