Author Topic: Photobucket & Third Party Hosting.  (Read 22881 times)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Photobucket & Third Party Hosting.
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2017, 07:54:33 PM »
As I understand it if you download pictures from PB they are reduced in resolution
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »
Andrew, mine were the same resolution that I had uploaded them. Though that was the same resolution I had created for forum use -- nothing over 800 pixels wide.

Phil, I am in the process right now of restoring my threads photos -- I do a couple threads a night. As a moderator, apparently I have rights to edit my posts, and all I do is update the links. Actually only the first part of the link. The photo names and the names of the directories (folders, albums, whatever you call them) I've kept the same, so that part doesn't need to get edited in a post.

Basically I just highlight the first part of a photo link, and then paste the new domain name in from the clipboard, replacing it. Done.

I'm just hosting the photos on my own pre-existing business account server  -- at webmasters.com. -- that's $9.95/mo, and it also supports my website. No chance of the photos being deleted by anyone, as long as I pay my bills. Been with them since 2002.

I hope, as I mentioned before that this forum will allow users to edit their own past posts. Other fora like RCGroups and the Puppy Linux forum that I belong to allow this and are very successful. Occasional post deleters are ignored. as they seem to want to be. And life moves on.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »
I hope, as I mentioned before that this forum will allow users to edit their own past posts. Other fora like RCGroups and the Puppy Linux forum that I belong to allow this and are very successful. Occasional post deleters are ignored. as they seem to want to be. And life moves on.

Actually, editing posts has been allowed for, I believe, up to 3 days after the post has been made.

I have removed the time limit for now.
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »
I have found, I can edit my posts on Mod Eng Maker......

David.
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »

Actually, editing posts has been allowed for, I believe, up to 3 days after the post has been made.

I have removed the time limit for now.

Eric, that's a very good change!  :beer: Will that policy be reinstated at some point, though?
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline philf

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2017, 03:25:19 PM »
Thanks to Eric for allowing all posts to be edited (and to the very nice person who has hosted my photos) all my photos are now relinked to their new home.  :thumbup:

:beer:

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2018, 02:01:32 PM »
Photobucket seem to be ramping up their attempts to regain market share after the fiasco they triggered ruining many forums. I seem to be getting emails from them most days making better and better offers. I presume they are targeting anyone who previously has had an association with them  :scratch:

Too late to bring me back into their fold I'm afraid - totally lost confidence in them and added them to my spam list  :lol:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex