Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Scraper Blade Material

(1/3) > >>

fatal-exception:
Hey Guys, thought I would ask the smartest group of guys I know for some advice. I've designed and had a floor scraping attachment made for our skidsteer. We have a large paintshop and when the fire commisioner came through last, he commented that we can't let the paint build up on the floor. So it's been about 2 years and the paint is about an inch thick, all types from enamels and epoxy's. The scraper attachment itself works great and the skidsteer can put enough pressure down to get under the paint, but I'm not sure what to try next for the actual blade. We had a bunch of QT100 plate laying around, so I made the first blade out of it, but it only lasted a few hours. (which I was actually surprised about...)

What would be the ideal material and heat treatment to make a tough and durable blade. It measures 18" x 3" x 1/2" thick with a 30deg bevel.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

chipenter:
A high speed steel planer blade bolted to you blade , is the only thing that may last .

Mike E.:
Blades used in commercial tree chippers might serve your purpose. ?

Jonfb64:
How about a cutter blade from a large paper guillotine machine as used in the printing industry. Should be pretty though stuff as paper is known to blunt scissors quicker than cutting metal.

PekkaNF:

--- Quote from: JonIndigoman on August 19, 2017, 04:01:51 AM ---How about a cutter blade from a large paper guillotine machine as used in the printing industry. Should be pretty though stuff as paper is known to blunt scissors quicker than cutting metal.

--- End quote ---

The ones I have seen have thin TC edge and soft blade body. Wonder if that would work on this sort of loading?

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version