Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3965 times)

Offline cowasaki

Hello
« on: September 15, 2017, 04:19:01 PM »
Well I've been making stuff for years with my main area/interest being electronics/electrical/software/computers but I also get involved in the metal & wood required to actually make things that do something. I have a bit of a workshop at the moment able to make circuit board, solder, surface mount plus being a Landrover Defender person I've had to repair/weld/bulid stuff for that.  Metal work wise I have a MIG welder, pillar drill, bench grinder, band saw & pipe bender plus all the normal hand tools etc but I'm hoping to buy a lathe and mill around Christmas
Well I've been making stuff for years with my main interest being electronics/electrical/software/computers but also involved in the metal & wood required to actually make things that do something. I have a bit of a workshop at the moment and looking to expand.

Offline krv3000

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:26:48 PM »
hi and welcome

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 01:19:06 AM »
G'Day and welcome to the madhouse. I'm sure you will enjoy hanging out here - I do anyway.
John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline marcusthehat

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:45:51 AM »
Hi Cowaski,

I presume you are aware of the main difference between a Landrover Defender and a Mercedes "G" Wagen?

The "G" Wagen keeps the oil in and the water out!

BOOM BOOM

marcusthehat

Offline cowasaki

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:23:37 AM »
Hi Cowaski,

I presume you are aware of the main difference between a Landrover Defender and a Mercedes "G" Wagen?

The "G" Wagen keeps the oil in and the water out!

BOOM BOOM

marcusthehat

It saves doing oil changes, you just keep topping it up......
Well I've been making stuff for years with my main interest being electronics/electrical/software/computers but also involved in the metal & wood required to actually make things that do something. I have a bit of a workshop at the moment and looking to expand.

Offline Biggles

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:00:43 AM »
Welcome Cowaski.  :coffee: