Home Base > Introductions

Greetings from Hertfordshire

(1/3) > >>

pat_pending:
Hi and thanks for having me in your forum!

To introduce myself, I’m Patrick and I have a making addiction. Everything from rockets to robots, Gin to go-karts...even some electronics and Software in there too.

Thanks to forums including yours, I’ve taught myself metalwork over the past 4years and have managed to make some steam/air engines that run (Elmers 25 and H-twin), some that don’t (Jan Ridders flame-eater) and a Webster I/C which is almost ready to share!! Eying up a 2-stroke Diesel such as a Boll-Aero as my next project.

My workshop is  mainly Chinese (SC6 and Sieg SX3 Converted to CNC with a converted vertex rotary table) but eying up American and English heavy metal for when I win the lottery (soon, I can feel it!).

Anyway, really looking forward to contributing and being amongst likeminded obsessives.

Patrick

charadam:
That is one of the best usernames I have encountered!

Welcome.

Brass_Machine:
Hi Patrick

Welcome to the collective :borg:

All good stuff... Except for the Gin, I have plans for those in the works. Would like to see some of your stuff.

--- Quote from: pat_pending on November 14, 2017, 01:36:16 PM ---... Everything from rockets to robots, Gin to go-karts...even some electronics and Software in there too.

--- End quote ---

Eric

pat_pending:

--- Quote from: Brass_Machine on November 14, 2017, 05:49:34 PM ---Hi Patrick

Welcome to the collective :borg:

All good stuff... Except for the Gin, I have plans for those in the works. Would like to see some of your stuff.

--- Quote from: pat_pending on November 14, 2017, 01:36:16 PM ---... Everything from rockets to robots, Gin to go-karts...even some electronics and Software in there too.

--- End quote ---

thanks Eric (the Gin is not that bad honestly  :beer:) . I will post pics as soon as i figure out how.

Sorry for the noob question but what is the best place on the forum to share completed projects and build logs?

Patrick

Eric

--- End quote ---

AdeV:
Welcome aboard Patrick!  :borg: IMHO this is one of, if not the best, machining forums available, these guys have taught me pretty much everything I know (and the mistakes I make, are from not asking...)

Re where to put stuff: Gallery is the best board for stuff you've already made; ongoing/new build logs in Project Logs.

:thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version