Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Mini lathe motor. Once again.....

(1/6) > >>

Stilldrillin:
It's now five years, since I had my last motor problems. Guess, I'm well overdue for a glitch.  :(

All has gone sweetly. Apart from a broken drive belt, and replacement potentiometer.

Until, a couple of weeks ago. When the chuck, just, stopped. Without my permission.....  :scratch:

I checked the brushes. No problem, though I fitted a spare pair, to be sure.

There is power to the motor. For the first few seconds.... It will run. But, not happily..
 Then, there is no power, at the motor connector.

The control box, makes all the correct click/ plunk noises. When the control switches are turned.
 Wiggling wires, makes no difference. The motor will not run.

Trying again, next day. Just repeats the sequence.  :bang:

Should I swap the board? (I have a couple of spares).

A few thoughts, from the forum's Electronic Wizards, would be much appreciated......  :thumbup:

Pete49:
David my thought as you have extra boards is to change the board and if it runs well then it was the board and problem solved. If not then the hair pulling starts.
Pete

John Rudd:
Disconnect the motor.......replace it with a 100w bulb....does the bulb brightness vary via the pot?

Stilldrillin:
My thoughts too, Pete!
 But. It is better, I am guided by someone who has an idea of what I need to do.......  :scratch:

Hello John! I'm pleased you're here.....  :thumbup:

I had forgotten the 100w bulb test!  :palm:
 But the assembly, was right where I left it. After the last fiasco.

The bulb does not light, at all......  :(

Brass_Machine:
I feel for you David. I am in the same boat now... I think my issue is the pot though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version