The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

razor batteries.

(1/2) > >>

wheeltapper:
question for the experts, I have an electric razor that runs off of two rechargable AA size low capacity ni-cad cells wired in series and charged with a wallwart.
these are toast.

If I replace them with two AA high capacity NIMH cells can I charge them with the same wallwart?

cheers
Roy.

seadog:
Probably not. They charge at different rates. There are chargers that can adapt to different cells but a cheap wall wart will not be in that category.

philf:

--- Quote from: wheeltapper on January 23, 2018, 05:53:59 PM ---question for the experts, I have an electric razor that runs off of two rechargable AA size low capacity ni-cad cells wired in series and charged with a wallwart.
these are toast.

If I replace them with two AA high capacity NIMH cells can I charge them with the same wallwart?

cheers
Roy.

--- End quote ---
Roy,

I'd say you'll most likely be OK. If the NIMH cells are of a higher Amp-Hour rating then you'll certainly be safe - it will just take longer to fully charge them.

Phil

wheeltapper:
So far one against and one for.
And I'm no better off. :bang:

Anyone else have any input?

Cheers
Roy.

seadog:
I'll add to what Philf said. It may take longer to charge or you may not achieve a full charge. It probably wouldn't cost very much to buy a Nimh rated supply from that well-known auction site. I changed the cell in a Dremel copy that I have, from Nimh to LiIon and bought a cheapo charger. I don't think it cost me more than £10 and I also got a spare cell for that price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version