The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Laping my Granite surface plate.

(1/2) > >>

mattinker:
As the title indicates, laping my 3' square Granite Surface plate.

Regards, Matthew

sparky961:
Good effort, but the additional audio (radio or TV in the background) made it very hard to pay attention to what you were saying.

mattinker:

--- Quote from: sparky961 on February 04, 2018, 10:02:09 PM ---Good effort, but the additional audio (radio or TV in the background) made it very hard to pay attention to what you were saying.

--- End quote ---

You are quiet right, I have the habit of having the radio on when in the workshop! I realised this too late to re-record. I've been looking into doing "voice over" but I still haven't got it worked out yet.

Regards, Matthew

PekkaNF:
I find your videos very informative. I have same thing on my plan for the next summer.

I have worn Mahr 800*600 mm granite plate. Thinking of using that one to scrape disc brake rotor relatively flat, then sprincle that with diamond flour and lap the offending granite plate bit more flat.

Yesterday I was wotking on grinder guard to make the parts for repeatometerkind of tool.

You probably said, but how coarse diamond dust did you use?

Thank you,
Pekka

mattinker:

--- Quote from: PekkaNF on February 05, 2018, 09:34:21 AM ---

You probably said, but how coarse diamond dust did you use?

Thank you,
Pekka

--- End quote ---

Pekka,

Thank you. I did say it, the diamond flour that I used was 45µ to 54µ. I am waiting for the weather to warm up before the final lap and maybe finish with a finer diamond flour. Rob Renzetie has started on a laping seriesfor his 3' x 4' plate. So far he's built the stand/cabinet.

I'm looking forward to seeing your brake disc lap!

Regards, Matthew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version