The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Aldi specials again (23 Feb 2018)

(1/3) > >>

AdeV:
Just a heads up for those of us who like dirt cheap tools... I happened to be in Aldi buying a pint of milk earlier, and stumbled across a pile of rather nice looking scroll saws, for £40 each (marked down from £60).  There were about 12-15 out on the floor at the Bidston Aldi (next to B&Q), well, 11-14 now as one of them accidentally fell into my trolley  :thumbup: I've no idea how good it is, but as it's got the usual 3 year warranty, that's only £13.33/year even if it does go belly up a day after the warranty expires!

Interestingly it doesn't appear on their website, so it MIGHT be store-specific?

If anyone's interested, I'll whip it out of its box tomorrow & see if it's any good, & take some piccies.

howsitwork?:
Ade
Not sure of the quality but upgrading to Hefner blades is well worth doing. MUCH better quality and last ages until you get enthusiastic and snap it .

So your back in UK again eh? No doubt the glorious weather brought you back, too. Ugh monsoons not good for you bits go mouldy.

Regards Ian

Brass_Machine:
We have Aldi here in the States... I never see the tools you guys get in yours tho...

howsitwork?:
Oops damn autocorrect that should read HEGNER BLADES in my post

Ian

Fergus OMore:

Hmm!  I got mine at full price but shopped at nearby Screwfix for a pack of assorted blades.

It's been too cold and now snowy to test it. Any more comments please?

Norm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version