The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Help With Schematic Diagram

(1/4) > >>

snub:
In the schematics below, there appears to be 2 diodes wired in parallel with the coil on this relay. I would have thought they would be wired in series. Just checking as I don't want to fry it.

BaronJ:
Hi Snub,

The circuit is fine !  As shown the relays appear to have built in diodes, if you are using the ones specified then they must be wired with the correct polarity to the coil terminals.  Otherwise using relays without diodes, the coil polarity doesn't matter but any diode added must be the right way round.  All the diodes are doing is acting as spike suppressors.

philf:

--- Quote from: snub on March 03, 2018, 02:57:12 PM ---In the schematics below, there appears to be 2 diodes wired in parallel with the coil on this relay. I would have thought they would be wired in series. Just checking as I don't want to fry it.

--- End quote ---

Snub,

You mention "2 diodes wired in parallel with the coil on this relay".

There are two relays each with one freewheel diode! As Baron says these are there to suppress spikes thus protecting the contacts in the switches SW A & SW B.

Phil.

snub:
Thanks for the replies. This is actually only 1 relay, it has dual coils. It is also very tiny so I don't know how they could find room for diodes inside. 17 mm x 14 mm x 13 mm. Actually, I can't figure how they got anything inside that tiny cube, yet it's rated at 20 amps. It.s the one on the right in the 3rd picture.

snub:
Well, I screwed that up. I'll try again.
Here's a link to the relay information.  https://www.panasonic-electric-works.com/pew/eu/downloads/ds_61205_en_ct.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version