Author Topic: cleaning of a clock face  (Read 2641 times)

Offline krv3000

cleaning of a clock face
« on: March 16, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
hi all sos not posted in a wile not bin up to much any way john has bin given a 12 inch presser gage   witch is going to be cum a clock but the face of the gage needed my loving touch  No its not going to have numbers 1 to 12 put on it  just the original numbers sorted out and the face cleaned and as to  watt I use well if you don't believe me you can google it all I use is me own spit people ho  clean  and restore works of art have bin using this method for  ages so if its good inuf  for the monas a lesa  then its ok on a clock dial the mane cleaning is dun just to touch up sum chips  right pics   

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
Re: cleaning of a clock face
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »
Well it definitely works!
Apparently there is a manufactured version of spit that they use in museums, on large jobs their mouths get dry.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 01:11:09 PM »
hi yep I no I cam a cross while trying to clean D.T.I faces when I first started  to repair them I put one in a shallow dish with soapy water when I went to look at it all the letering and numbers was floating on top of the water  :palm: any way today restored the numbers and touch up the missing off white pant of the face it tuck me sum time to mix up sum pant with a descent match right pics     

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:48:27 PM »
That is an amazing transformation Mate