Author Topic: Spiral Bevel Gears  (Read 893 times)

Offline Joules

Re: Spiral Bevel Gears
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
Thanks Lyn, I am hoping the gears from Russell might do the job.  Good to know a source of gears from outboard motors.
Just get doing and make swarf, you can decide what its going to be later.   :thumbup:

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »
If you end up needing another set, I think I also have a couple of old outboard gearboxes kicking around. Whether I can FIND them or not, remains to be seen...!
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Or: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline Joules

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 07:19:05 PM »
That would be very welcome Ade now I think these are a viable option.
Just get doing and make swarf, you can decide what its going to be later.   :thumbup:

Offline Joules

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 12:37:53 PM »
I managed to pay RussellT a visit this afternoon.  Bit of a natter and collect the gears he had found for me.   Got a bit more than just the two gears, the rest of the shaft and the reversing gear.  I didnít know that was how they reversed the prop on an outboard by sliding a selector to pick one of the two bevel gears.   Anyhow, this looks a great place to start for the milling head.

If anyone is interested Russell kept the prop and we recon it would be a good basis for a home made twin tube, should anyone be so inclined.

:dremel:

Cheers Russell