Author Topic: Which SPICE simulation program  (Read 3837 times)

Offline PekkaNF

Which SPICE simulation program
« on: March 22, 2018, 04:51:41 AM »
Just would feel better of simulating some electrocity ideas before building it dead-bug, manhatan, or even PCB style.

I'm going to give an Autodesc Eagle a go - because it might have some synergy with fusion360. It may or many not matter on my next question:

Which flavor of Spice circuit simulation program I should try? Or do I just load TINA-TI, because first try is with some instrumentation and/or opration amplifiers and comparators?

Is one of the Spice flavors clearly better on something than another?

Do they coexist nicely?

Pekka

Offline sparky961

Re: Which SPICE simulation program
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 10:01:31 PM »
I started using CadSoft Eagle probably around 2002.  I wasn't aware that AutoDesk took it over, but they'll probably do good things with it.  Of course, they'll offer it for free for a while to get everyone hooked and then start charging prices that only serious businesses can afford while severely limiting the "free" versions.

I don't think that SPICE simulation was included back when I was using it.  This must have been a more recent addition, albeit one that makes sense.

There were some quirks and bugs that were easy to work around and overall I'd highly recommend it for circuit and board design.  I even got into making custom library components, which can be a very powerful addition to the already generous libraries.