Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

let ther be light

(1/6) > >>

krv3000:
hi all I got a carbide lamp off john so I have bin on with it in all its ok just needs my loving touch  a lot of the rivets have cum out I was surprised that they where aluminium and not copper or brass any way I removed the front lenses cover as the rivets on the hinge had broken off the lenses it self is broken I will get a new one but to stop it all falling to bits when I remove the retaining ring I went over the broken parts with thick super glue to keep it in one bit then I removed the brackets and wind Gard of  the lamp bowl  then gave them a good buff up right pics       

howsitwork?:
Very nice,

Lot of work though .

Good luck
Ian

Fergus OMore:
Bob

It looks like a cycle lamp as it has a bike bracket

'Lead kindly light!'

Regards

N

tom osselton:
Looking forward to this I have always liked these lamps.

krv3000:
hi yep its a cycle lamp any way I re riveted the wind Gard and bracket back on desolderd the base of the water container so I can remove sum dents and  when I make the tank filling  top it can be soldered in place am thinking of strengthening up the bottom cap where the gas burner goes threw I removed the spring loaded mounting bracket and put them in a gar with citric acid to remove the rust then gave them a cote of rust inhibitor then panted them black right pics       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version