The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Ebay Scammers

(1/4) > >>

awemawson:
XYZ Proturn CNC lathe on eBay, seller listing masses of other stuff. Says buy it now price is £1400 delivered !

So I email him and get this reply:

Thank you for your interest. Sorry for the late reply. The item is still for sale and available for viewing in Kirkwall, Orkney - North Scotland. It belonged to my father who unfortunately passed away few weeks ago. All related paperwork are available in my name. My last asking price is £1400 including delivery to your home address. Where abouts are you based?

See below some info on the item :

XYZ 410 CNC gap bed lathe with prototrack lx2 control

In good condition for age was working when removed from factory 3 weeks ago

Complete with 3 jaw chuck

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
John

So I reply thus:

How very convenient, I’m in Finstown on Orkney so only about 7 miles away or 10 minutes drive – give me the address and I’ll pop over and see it tomorrow

Regards,

Andrew

Place your bets whether I get a reply  :lol: :lol: :lol:

tom osselton:
Time will tell!

AdeV:
If it belonged to his late, lamented, father; why is it in a factory? Are there many factories in Orkney?

AdeV:
While you're on your way to Orkney, why not pop in and see this little gem?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boxford-ANC-CNC-Lathe/112930558180?hash=item1a4b2f90e4:g:uvcAAOSwP8lazZEH

Only a grand, and it looks like it's exactly the sort of thing you love (a broken down, battered looking CNC :D)

awemawson:
Two of those on eBay Ade. Not keen on non slant bed  CNC lathes - they are basically conversions of manual lathes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version