Author Topic: Pratt and Burnerd LC lever type collet chuck  (Read 116 times)

Offline Biggles

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 232
  • Country: gb
Pratt and Burnerd LC lever type collet chuck
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »
Hi All, I have recently come into possession of a lever type collet chuck advertised as a Crawford. On further inspection I have found it to be a Burnerd multisize of lever type with EC collets. The collets supplied were in fact Crawford but the chuck did not have any ID, probably worn.
I have now taken it apart and found a exploded diagram of the LC type chucks as below. The chuck is missing item 18 on the drawing, can anybody help firstly with the workings of the two key type items 16, 18 as I havenít a clue as to what they do. Secondly what is item 18 and any help on dimensions, drawings for the purpose of making or purchasing would help in restoration. If anybody has one; it doesnít need to be the same size as reading in the notes the LC 10 to xxís have the same item dimensions inside. Photos and measurement will definitely help.

Offline JohnC

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 40
  • Country: gb
  • Location: York, UK
Re: Pratt and Burnerd LC lever type collet chuck
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:52:23 PM »
Hi Biggles,
I have the same chuck, and guess what - no item 18 either!  So maybe not that important - the chuck works just fine as it is. 
Hope that helps,
John C
York, UK