Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

my way to billd a stuart 10 horizontal engine

(1/12) > >>

krv3000:
hi all I no I have projects on the go. but I cud not resist I got my self a Stuart 10 horizontal at Doncaster show  :)  I have  bin after one for sum time as I have the vatical 10 witch I was given I keep saying I will by a proper cylinder casting for it as the one that's on it I made out of steel  but never have any way as my way of getting a way from the (wedding of the year) I started on the engine will post pics tomorrow  not any mashing just cleaning up  the castings only two things not right that will be sent back 1 is the gun metal casting for the bearings for the crank and the other the cylinder all the ports are slanted you see wat I mean when I post the pics and by the time I mashen them they will be to big in one way and not big inuf in a norther way a part from that all seems well but at a Delmer don't no why but Stuart don't do drawings for this engine in MM  :bugeye: I think there not doing them selves any favours by doing this as this type of engine is deemed suterbel for  beginner's and as any one under the age of 50 say in the uk will be learnt metric system that bin sed it ant hard to convert the drawings to MM any way as im making the engine in MM shod I use MM nuts and bolts  or the BA bolts provided  :scratch:  any way as off to bed

SwarfnStuff:
KRV,
      Look forward to your build. I made a decision ages ago to only use Metric fasteners. Not that I have built any bought casting models but certainly modified a few imperial drawings to metric.
   I notice that you have BA bolts provided with the castings so perhaps use them as it would seem no tapping on your part is needed.
      At least in my tiny shop using metric I do not have to keep multiple supplies of fasteners, drills, taps and dies. Will not suit the purists but I build stuff for my enjoyment and sometimes frustration. Either way I learn stuff, even if it is not to do something that way again.
   God luck with your build.
John B

chipenter:
I have not long finished a 10v and used 2.5 mm cap heads , as I didn't have a drawing .

krv3000:
hi all john B on the one I have all the holes need taping   any way her is sum pics just in random the black pant you will see on sum parts is a rust preventing coting  any way the first pics is of the cylinder and Bering casting enjoy   

vtsteam:
I'm surprised they let those bad castings out of the shop. Otherwise this will be a nice project to watch you complete.  :coffee:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version