Author Topic: Masterlap double ended grinder info?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline hermetic

Masterlap double ended grinder info?
« on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
Hi all, another obscure machine that I am looking for info about, or pictures of.  It is a masterlap double ended grinder, mounted on a square tapering sheet steel column, which contains the coolant tank, pumped coolant to both wheels, two large tiltable CI tables, with T slots, Worden style, mounted on a large Glassfibre splash tray. It is complete apart from starter and control gear, just needs a good clean, and some new control gear, which I have various types of, but would like to keep it as original as possible, . Google comes up with two pics, both on auction sites, one a similar model, but dry, and the other on an earlier cast iron stad, so any pics, info, diagrams, manuals etc much appreciated. it is a 1973 model, made by Lester Brown machine tools, Bayton Rd, Exhall, Coventry.
Phil
Just added a pic of an assembled one, mine is similar, but has the pump where the white isolator is.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:22:02 PM by hermetic »
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline millwright

• Leeds West Yorshire
Re: Masterlap double ended grinder info?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »
!8 years too late for me to help there, the one in the last pic is a exactly the same as the one we had in our grinding compound, all manuals and paperwork were held in the maintenance dept  and the majority of them were were burned before we closed !!!!!!!!!!who's great idea that was i never found out. machinery was all sold at auction, such a loss, as a mate said to me on our last day as we were leaving " look at all these years of skill and knowledge walking out of the gate" he was right most of the household names of engineering have all gone now!!!!!

john                     

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »
i found this one made by harbour freight it looks about the same.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:37:17 PM by vtsteam »

Offline hermetic

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »
Thanks for the interest ppl. Millwright, where did you work? I am a Pudsey lad, although in East Yorks now, if you know Pudsey, "ah lived darn't Gib" The harbour freight one is the same idea, without the finesse! Thanks for your interest!
Phil
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline millwright

• Leeds West Yorshire
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 04:58:34 PM »
PM sent Phil.
Regards John