Author Topic: My daugher, a dog and a persistant doe.)  (Read 3633 times)

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
My daugher, a dog and a persistant doe.)
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »
Just thought I would share this with the forum.  Title says it all.....and yes I did talk to her about chasing such a crazed animal.:)

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
Re: My daugher, a dog and a persistant doe.)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
OMG OMG THATS FANTASTIC!!

I called out the boys and SWMBO to watch and the whole house was cracking up  :lol:

Scott
SPiN Racing

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
She (deer) looks like she must have a baby near by to do that.

She wouldn't have stood a chance in my back yard because she would have had an a$$ full of buck shot. First a warning shot across the bow, then one in the a$$ if she hadn't left by then. Come fall she might be in the freezer with the way the price of meat is going. :ddb:

Bernd

P.S. Did I ever mention how much fun a spud gun is.  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:

Added: From what I see is a doe protecting her new born. If you watch the video you'll notice how the doe stricks at the dog with her front legs. Luckily the dog didn't get hit. And as you've said to your daughter about chasing that doe. It could have turned on her too. Those hoofs are sharp and can cause pretty bad damge.

This is what happens when wild animals become acustomed to living in the suburbs, I take it that's were you live from the video, they loose their fear of humans. Remeber Bambie isn't so nice protecting it's young, same as a human would do protecting it's offspring.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:31:41 AM by Bernd »
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
Actually I live in the sticks and can't see my neighbors and have deer up near the cabin all the time along with turkeys and coyotes.  My daughter on the other hand lives in a suburban setting with 2+ acre lots that are for the most part heavily wooded.

Spud gun would be fun, I am going to have to look into building one some day. :)

Offline zeusrekning

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:46:52 PM »
LOL that was too funny. I was not expecting the two to tango.

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 06:39:27 AM »
You know neither did she.  You hear about things like this and even see videos of it happening to others but you never expect it to happen to you.