Author Topic: Odds & Ends engine rebuild  (Read 460 times)

Offline Doc

• Old but still usefull (I hope) ?
    • My Youtube Channel
Odds & Ends engine rebuild
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »
Not sure if anyone would be interested but I built an Odds & Ends engine back when the article came out back I think in 1985. Well I was never real happy with the ignition on it. It ran ok but every now and again the hack saw blade used for the points would fouls and give me trouble. I have always wanted to do it differently. I want to put the ignition timing on the cam so it would fire only on the compression and not on every stroke plus a couple other changes. Anyway I finally tore her apart and am going to repaint and make the mods. If there is interest I'll try and post the changes here.
George

Offline tom osselton

Re: Odds & Ends engine rebuild
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »
I always look forward to following along! With any luck something will sink in! :D

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »
What Tom said...carry on that man :thumbup: :coffee:
Lyn.

Offline Doc

• Old but still usefull (I hope) ?
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:31:22 PM »
Well I started the ignition conversion parts. First figured out where I need to put the magnet in the cam gear. I set it up at the top of compression stroke and then figured out where I had room to put the sensor. Then drilled and pressed in the magnet. I pressed it in so it would be below the surface toward the sensor to lessen the dwell time. Then I started whittling on a sensor mount. It will be made of plastic and a tight fit on the cam gear mount pin. Then I will be able to adjust the ignition timing same as before.
George