Author Topic: WANTED: ISA CGA card  (Read 2232 times)

Offline lesterhawksby

WANTED: ISA CGA card
« on: September 18, 2018, 11:45:20 AM »
Bit of an (extremely) long shot this one, but I know some people have all manner of odd things carefully stowed away...

I like a bit of "retro computing" and I'm looking for a graphics card for a PC. An 8 bit ISA socket graphics card, that is, for an ORIGINAL pc, the original "Colour Graphics Array". The real IBM CGA cards have 100% old-style, through-hole chips and are about as physically big as a card could get and still fit in the computer case. A clone would be fine though if it works. Unfortunately, most 8-bit-socket VGAs apparently don't.

Am in the UK and willing to pay (up to a point). There are several on eBay but all in the US :-( If you've got one and are willing to pass it on, please get in touch! Thanks!

(if this kind of appeal is not allowed here, apologies, let me know and I will remove it. I realise now it should have been on The Cork Board but I don't think I can now move it there.)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:45:18 AM by lesterhawksby »

Offline mexican jon

Re: WANTED: ISA CGA card
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:08:01 PM »
I can check in a week or so when I get home as I may well still have some  :bugeye:
People say you only live once ! I say thank F@*K can't afford to do it twice.

Offline lesterhawksby

Re: WANTED: ISA CGA card
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »
Oh my goodness, a response! I'd given up hope :-) It did seem like a long shot to start with.

If you do, let me know. Don't look too hard... I've actually found one through another line of enquiry, but as these are fragile old devices I would still rather like a backup so am still in the market for one if it does happen to turn up.

Thanks very much!