Author Topic: Computer Trouble  (Read 3913 times)

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
Computer Trouble
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:27:30 AM »
Hi all,

Got some computer trouble here which is really annoying!  :bang: :bang:

After I've typed a few words in any window, the title bar greys itself out (gets lighter as when window is not active) and I have to click back in the box! Weird! Don't know whether it's some sort of spyware or there's a setting somewhere. Tried to restore back to when it was working but it's still the same! Any ideas?!

Cheers

Nick

bogstandard

Re: Computer Trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:38:22 AM »
Have you installed Internet Explorer 8 by any chance? It might have installed if you have updates done automatically.

I got all sorts of wierd and wonderful things happening when I did.

I eventually uninstalled it, and IE7  reappeared as if by magic, and all my problems disappeared.

John

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:04 AM »
Yes I agree with John if you are running IE8, I have heard and read of all kinds of problems with it I have it(IE5or6) on the computer but prefer Firefox. Every once in a while when I 'm at some web site the update for IE comes out of no were. You have to be careful in closing it. As it seems like Adobe to try to load itself or something else,whether you want it or not.

And most do seem to go away when it is removed. There have been some minor problems with Firefox. But they seem to correct them faster than.
glen
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:27:22 PM »
It does sound like an IE8 problem, though to be fair it runs on my computer OK, on the rare occasional I use IE, ............. I'd second Glen and try Firefox, I've been using it for about 4 years with no particular problems.

CC

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
Hi guys,

No, i have IE7 and as far as I know nothing has changed. The only thing I've done recently is install sony ericsson PC suite and I now leave the blue tooth dongle in. Maybe I should try restoring before that point? Could that affect it though?! It does this in all programs too.

Nick

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 07:18:08 AM »
Don't know anything about that stuff but if it was after you installed it and you can remove it easily and check then reinstall it. that may be the cause.
You also could try going to their site and checking if they have something in their FAQ's or a section on problems with installs. some software suppliers do.
glen

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 02:34:55 AM »
Sorted this now, it was because I had the bluetooth dongle plugged in. Everytime it refreshed its signal it jumped off the page I was working on! Don't know why it should do that but easy fix was to only plug it in when I need it!

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »
 :thumbup: :thumbup: glad you got it sorted out always better to do it your self rather than to have to pay for some help.
glen

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen