Home Base > Introductions

Hello Mad Modders from Merseyside UK

(1/6) > >>

paulc1:
Hello Folks, Paul here from Wirral Merseyside, I am an Electrician and a caver in my spare time however my wife and kids describe me as a sheddy and sometimes as a tool fondler which is probably an apt description because I can spend weekends in my Shed just fondling my tools.

I own a small metal lathe and a rather sexy wood lathe and I am happy being ankle deep in swarf or sawdust but always looking for a little project that lets me lose myself in my shed, I also have a small gas forge for blade making but I cannot really use it without upsetting my neighbours due to the noise :hammer: I offered to supply them with earmuffs but they would also need welding goggles :) just joking of course but I would like to use it more.

:wave:

Pete.:
Welcome Paul!

No shortage of inspiration for projects here!

paulc1:
Thanks for the welcome Pete, that is what brought me here after following a link :)

John Rudd:
Hi Paul from Merseyside.. :wave:

post us some piccies of your tooling please....especially your lathe...what is it?

paulc1:
Hi John, thank you for the welcome and here are a few pictures as requested, my metal lathe is a little chester conquest(generic chinese) and my wood lathe is a clarke, I am really stuck for space as you can see, I have to store stuff away until needed..I need more space.

you can see how stuck I am for space.
The spacemans helmet is a small gas forge that I made from a calor gas bottle and lined it with plaster of paris and sand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version