Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Sizing Dro Scales on Sieg sx2 Plus

(1/3) > >>

Buell:
Im just about to order a Chinese set of  Dro scales and Display for a Sieg SX2 Plus its basically the sx1 with a larger table I think.

Anyway have measured up and wanted a 2nd opinion if i have gone wrong here in my sizing or idea.

The x travel is 280mm and the Bed size is left to right 400mm
The Y Travel is 150mm and the carriage size is front to back 220mm
The z Travel or height of complete column is 500mm.

Now the Scales are in 50mm increments...so in theory if you want a travel of 280mm you would choose a 300mm ? which then the Physical length is 300 + 150mm or thereabouts for mechanism. which in theory means its going to be longer than the Bed..

Have i Missed something obvious ?

Many thanks in advance also anyone bought from Aliexpress, bangood, Ebay etc with good results , and whats the deal with the Shipping duty thing does that kick in or do they generally say its worth a dollar to get out of it ?

philf:
Buell,

Sino do 16 x 16 section scales and do a 280 mm scale. The overall length is 383mm. The range is called KA200.

I bought the system for my lathe from the UK so can't comment on buying from China.

Cheers.

Phil.

chipenter:
You need to add the size of the read head to the length plus clearance .

Buell:
Thats what i thought so it will stick out 10 to 15mm at either end of the bed. So when i have seen most scales they all seem to be either shorter or the same length...thus they wouldn't have the Full travel of the machine ?

WeldingRod:
I would buy the long scales about the length of the table; makes mounting easier.
It they are the Aluminum/circuit board capacitive style, then they are easy to cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version