Author Topic: chuck grinder  (Read 4536 times)

Offline celsoari

chuck grinder
« on: December 01, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
i made this adaptation

greetings from Brazil
Greetings from Brazil

Offline JHovel

Re: chuck grinder
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
What a great idea.
However, what tool can be held in the chuck and requires 11000rpm? Maybe some router bits? Grinding points? Not sure why one would want to use either of them at right angles....  :Doh:  :doh:
Cheers,
Joe

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »
I made one exactly like that years ago when I was having difficulty pulling mains cables through multiple parallel joists when I was rewiring. The joist spacing not only precluded the use of a normal hand drill, but also meant that the bit I put into the chuck had to be cut short as well !

Yes the high rpm was an issue especially with a carpenters spade drill (!) but needs must when the devil drives  :clap:

Still got the adaptor in my box of 'angle grinder bits' but not used it in decades as I now have a proper right angle drill.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline nrml

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 08:54:27 AM »
Nice idea but wouldn't it be a bit safer to put on a small ER collet chuck instead of the Jacobs chuck? I would be scared of a tool getting loose at that RPM.

Offline appletree

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »
I made one using a Lidl Parkside variable speed angle grinder, not totally perfect as power drops along with speed, I was using it as a sanding aid whilst woodturning bowls.

Phil