The Shop > Metal Stuff

Sinker EDM question

(1/5) > >>

Alphawolf45:
 I finally got my sinker edm running again. I had only operated it once last year when I first got it so I don't really know how to use it or exactly what I should expect from it. It's primary malfunctions is just the idiot that is trying to run it without consulting the operators manual...

It is capable of 50 amps output but I am running it at 10 amps so that I don't pop the fuse , my 5hp rotary phase converter cant supply enough juice to it to run at 50 amps - I may get 20 amps if I push it......Irregardless . At 10 amps using a 1/2" square graphite electrode I am only burning .001 depth per minute in a steel workpiece.. Does that sound right.?? That my friends is slower than slow..

Also, an 85 yr old still working tool and diemaker friend of mine talks about arcing going on that damages the workpiece and the electrode... What is that and how do you recognize it? I can call him but he is real hard of hearing, doesn't hear his own phone ringing unless he is near it. Photo shows my EDM today with most of it's covers pulled.. I like it a lot but I am afraid the beastie don't much like me.

seadog:
awemawson is your man. He has a working EDM. I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Alphawolf45:
 Yeah ,before I had chemo therapy screw with my head I was maybe  half as bright as Awemawson.. Now I need an extra heaping of  help.. :doh:

kayzed1:

--- Quote from: Alphawolf45 on January 18, 2019, 01:49:25 PM --- Yeah ,before I had chemo therapy screw with my head I was maybe  half as bright as Awemawson.. Now I need an extra heaping of  help.. :doh:

--- End quote ---

I thought it was only me..tis a bit of a bugger when you think you no what to do with a project only to find you need help, the help you used to give others before the
big C..  Keep on keeping on thou.
Lyn.

Alphawolf45:
  Shoot man, I used to sit in my backyard watching my dogs  and write out G-code for my oldest cnc mill and I'd compute the trigonometry in my head. I can barely do anything anymore. Doc says it will be 6 months until my brain gets back to normal.. Cancer is bad , Chemo is the killer of the bad cells and also those we need to figure stuff out...I dunno, my Mother died from my same cancer 1 month before I got my diagnosis. Dying is in the future of all of us,, Let me think clearly before I take the dirt nap.Dull brain is pretty awful..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version