The Shop > Our Shop

Shop heating

(1/3) > >>

shipto:
I have purchased a cheap Chinesium (nicked that off a youtuber  :lol:) parking heater for the shop and have spent the limited time I have in there installing it for the last few days.
It works quite well in my very draughty shed and I am pleased with it, still need to tidy the wiring and hopefully figure out a back up battery in case theres a power outage for whatever reason. I have worked out it will cost me about 5 litres of diesel so somewhere in the region of £7 per week but if I can find a red diesel supplier that should be cheaper.

The main thing I would appreciate feedback on is the large amount of heat that is being directed out of the shed via the exhaust port, its extremely wasteful in my opinion. So I was thinking maybe I could make a radiator to run it through before it leaves the shed or maybe something like the economy7 heaters which I believe used the cheap electricity to heat some bricks or something which could then be let out during peak times.

John Rudd:
Nice job  :thumbup: Heard lots about these heaters...

Maybe you could pick up a second hand eco7 heater and madmod it  :dremel: ?

Where did you buy yours from? Thinking of getting one for my garage..

shipto:
Thanks John I got it from ebay for 129 beer tokens It took a long time to get here though the usual UK seller but item is shipped from China rubbish.
Dont think a standard heater unit will do it but I was thinking maybe the bricks with the holes in them and feed the pipes through the holes?

awemawson:
I hope that your fire insurance is up to date and the heater 'complies' and doesn't just have a label SAYING it complies  :bugeye:

shipto:
Dont think there is any extreme risk they are a copy of more expensive makes which are sold for heating caravans, campers and such like the combustion is contained in a chamber. Lets put it this way I think I would be more likely to burn my shed down with the welder than this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version