Author Topic: Mystery MT2 test bar and mystery V-block kit  (Read 2508 times)

Offline PekkaNF

Mystery MT2 test bar and mystery V-block kit
« on: March 17, 2019, 10:13:20 AM »
One local measurement manufacturer went liqudation and all tools and products were auctioned off.

Few mystery item trickeld me down.

1: There is a relly nice MT2 test bar, but I don't recognize the use of the another one. It has cylindrical part that has two narow grooves lengthvise 90 degrees appart. It looks like a setup tool or measurement tool.

2: There is a relly nice V-block set. it has hold down clamps and various keys to index the prism - or part in the prism.

The mystery feature is a hole in the middle of the V-block. There are matching bushing and pinst to it. I guess the V-block locates round object to measure/hold and axially there is hole location or such feature with these lapped preicision parts.....that simple or something way more sofisticated?

Appreciate feedback

Offline djc

Re: Mystery MT2 test bar and mystery V-block kit
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:11:28 AM »
Number 2 is a cross drilling jig. It is a mid-range item. The smaller version is a mildly-piqued drilling jig. Its big brother is an angry drilling jig.

Offline PekkaNF

Re: Mystery MT2 test bar and mystery V-block kit
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
I think this is cross drilling jig Grand Tourismo :lol:

One feature I haven't seen before is locating with a key slot. This has keys to index object into V. Can't figure when I would need that feaure.

Pekka