Author Topic: New in!  (Read 11586 times)

Offline Brent Crude

New in!
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »
Evening, all! After a few messages with one of the resident mods here, I’ve registered and will be nosing around with interest at all the shenanigans you’ve been up to.
My name is Cliff. I’m into machine tools and have been since starting work for Hurco in 1983. I’ve spent half of my life roaring around the country installing and repairing CNC machining centres and now spend most of my days in internal tech support and fitting out unusual machining cells with robots and other oddball options.
This place looks very intriguing and I’m looking forward to being part of it!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: New in!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 06:55:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum Cliff, sounds like you will fit in splendidly :thumbup:

Do you confine your machine activities to working hours, or are you also a "man with a shed" ?
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Brent Crude

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:34:47 AM »
Hi, Andrew. I’m afraid I don’t currently tinker with iron in my shed! Normally, the lunacy that it daytime gives me my fix. We are given free rein to play with whatever machinery we like to do any little projects we may have going on. I’d dearly love to put one of our little CNCs in my garage though but the missus would never see me again!

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
Hi Brent  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Would like to hear a bit more about the "little CNCs"

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:17:59 PM »
Welcome Brent! I’m hoping you know something about a 95 Cincinnati Avenger 250t that I’m going to post about soon.

Offline Brent Crude

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »
It’s sweet to be in! If there is any help I can bring here, I’ll give it a go! For the most part, over the years, the machines I deal with have had either Yaskawa, Fanuc or Siemens servo systems. Currently, they are Yaskawa EtherCat (networked servos) which are a tad different to the more analogue based DAC driven servos that came before.
I don’t know how common Hurco mchines are amongst you all but someone out there must have driven one at some point!
Anyhoo, hi to you all!

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
hi and welcome