The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

!2 volt DC hydraulic power pack advice please

(1/2) > >>

appletree:
Hi all I have a Maxilift 800kg crane fitted to mu LDV tipper truck. The problem I have is that the 12 volt Hydraulic power pack I drawing in air, in self not a big issue however when the crane is lowered (solenoid drain to tank) oil and air escape from the vent.
The Ideal solution is a new powepack, I have tried 2 ex tipper ones but they pump to many LTRs per minute.
All the units I can find are replacements for tippers and are 2 galls per minute, obviously this is where the market is and my requirement is a bit special..
I have guessed the volume of the ram and timed the travel, it would appear I need in the region of 1.5 to 2 LTRs per min.

So the question is, is it feasible to throttle the flow rate of one of the bigger pumps? Is there an expert in these setups out there that could give me some ideas?

I appreciate Throttleing is not ideal, could damage the relief valve seat, wasteful of energy, etc etc.

thanks in advance Phil   

awemawson:
Phil, do you have drawings of the units construction. Presumably a seal has gone somewhere and needs replacing.

There are loads of variations of the way they put these units together - perhaps with a few pictures someone may recognise your unit ?

appletree:
Hi Andrew
Thanks for the reply, I really think total replacement is the order of the day, it’s 1998 vintage, I have been coaxing it all on for some time, it’s well worn, brushes, bushes, etc. Has been sounding rougher and rougher.
Maxilift have been less than helpful, the pump unit itself is made by Efel.

Phil

chipenter:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191738825252?ul_noapp=true

appletree:
Hi Jeff thanks for the link, I had seen that unit, just thought it might not be industrial enough. Looking at completed link stings on eBay, there have been some secondhand ex tail lift etc we look like the Would probably do.

Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version