Author Topic: Anyone for tea?  (Read 7268 times)

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Anyone for tea?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 12:41:15 PM »
I'm fairly sure it goes on to say that Ceasar was poorly whilst on a bus.... not sure what the deal with Brutus is though.
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »
Brutus ate a rat- and invented Ratatouille.

then  recovered sufficiently after being sick in his hat, helped to kill Caesar.

Shakespeare recalls it "et tu, Brute" :hammer: Obviously took a dim view

Isn't a classical education wonderful said he coughing discretely

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2019, 03:23:33 PM »
Now with potted tea ie brewed properly in a tea pot ( which preferably has been in use for at least two generations to properly acclimatise ) you definately add tea to already poured milk in the cup or mug. The tea having been allowed to infuse properly has matured and developed its flavour fully.

You DO NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES boil the tea bags in a pot ( as happened on a trip to USA when I asked how they had managed to make the tea taste like it did and they asked would I like it boiled for longer...,😗😝)

With tea in a mug  for speed ( and in emergencies eg car journey etc using thermosflask for the hot water ( hangs head in shame) but I was desperate ).It is acceptable to stir and add milk having removed the tea bag to give room for the milk ( also from thermos so nice and cold).

As a monkey hanger I think I’m qualified as northern .

Coffee should always be in a mug as you get more....

Ian

Offline allanchrister

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »
 Ian,
Monkey hangers in right county to qualify as a Northerner  :) disappointed though that you’re a MIF’er.
Still not far enough North but as a monkey hanger you’ve got another thing wrong. MIL  forever! I guess it’s similar to diluting acid. Always add acid to water last.