Author Topic: Fathers Day  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
Fathers Day
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »
Its Father's day on Sunday (16th June) in the UK and Ireland.

I'm sure some of us on the board don't have children, or if they do they forget about the day!

So we have to buy our own present!

Question to all:

What would you really like for Father's day?

Ps: Ok, I do have grandchildren who don't forget but don't always run to a new CNC Mill for granddad
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline kayzed1

Re: Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
My Laptop went Phut the other day,,,,Soooooooo! :ddb:

Offline hermetic

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »
A clone of me to go out and do the boring stuff while I stay in the workshop and play!
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
I bought a 18” x 12” surface plate that’s good enough for me for the shop I got a 25 CFM air dryer to replace the pellets.

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »
Hmm

dark chocolate coated ginger biscuits work miracles!

Another border collie for company please.

Ian

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 04:06:54 PM »
I like the candied ginger! One thing though I was put on Warferin? a blood thinner and was monitored each week well I bought about 400 grams of candied ginger and consumed it over a couple days my next test was off the charts and had to discontinue the thinner meds for about a week and a half before getting back to normal! Who knew!

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »
interesting,

sea food and warfarin is a a mild no no as there is evidence of natural blood thinning and for heavens sake DONT GO VEGETARIAN as warfarin works by removing vitamin K from you and this thins your blood.
 The ginger and warfarin interaction is known but you must have consumed quite a lot of actual ginger to have that effect! Basic rule is stable diet and then you titrations the warfarin to get the desired effect. Garlic can also cause you problems in large amounts ( puts off the mother in law and vampires though !)

Glad you’re OK

Offline Sea.dog

• Up Spirits!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 04:42:28 PM »
Citrus fruit, especially grapefruit should be taken with care, too. They contain Bergamotin which deactivates a critical enzyme that the liver produces to break certain classes of drugs down. Blood pressure pills being one that I need to take care with. The effect will be that the dose is effectively much larger and can have detrimental side effects such as very low BP.