Author Topic: Trouble accessing the site  (Read 3810 times)

bogstandard

Trouble accessing the site
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:57:20 AM »
For the last few days, I have been having trouble accessing the site for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Normally I have no trouble, but since saturday, I have only been able to get onto the site in the early morning and even then only for a couple of minutes before it locks up.

It is nice having so many posts to read when I manage to get connected, but I have to rush thru them all before I get locked out again.

It seems after doing all the checks and changes, the fault is with my ISP, so they have been given their orders to get me back on line with the site again. I don't know if it has worked, as this is the longest I have been on here for the last few days. I won't know for sure until I try to log into the site again in a few hours.

At least it forces me to get out into the shop instead of being stuck in front of the computer. Got all sort achieved over the last few days.

Bogs

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: Trouble accessing the site
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:19:45 AM »
I was wondering why you wern't so active, hence PM.

Noticed Darren was beating you on the posting sweep stake  :lol:.

Can't wait to see what you've been up to  :nrocks:

Stew
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:22:25 AM by sbwhart »
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:26:42 AM »
Hmmmm.......

I`d noticed you weren`t so noticeable recently.  :scratch:

Hope they`ve got it sorted now John.  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:58:08 AM »
I have the opposite problem, for the last day I have been unable to log off !!

Turned out to be my new windows install, lasted all of about a week.... :bang:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

bogstandard

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:12:59 AM »
This is, if going by the access over the last few days, the only time I can log onto the site for today.

The fault lies with my ISP, and they seem to be running around with a finger up their a*** and brain in neutral, so I gave them a little gee up and pep talk message last night. I doubt if that will help, but at least it gets the frustration of incompetance on their part out of my system.

I am very reluctant to go thru the sofware rebuild cycle again as I now have the machine running very well indeed, and besides the fact, all the scan software is pointing to an ISP fault rather than my end.

But as this is my only chance of posting today, as Stew will testify (he called around last night) the workshop is very close to being totally finished, just a final air connection and a good clean up and tooling/consumables move around required.

Bogs

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 01:26:03 AM »

But as this is my only chance of posting today, as Stew will testify (he called around last night) the workshop is very close to being totally finished, just a final air connection and a good clean up and tooling/consumables move around required.

Bogs

Yes John is very close to getting his dream shop up and running, I spoke to a very happy Bogs last night

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Except for the computer thingy  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Stew
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:58:25 AM by sbwhart »
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

bogstandard

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:53:02 AM »
It looks like maybe my short sharp discussion with the ISP worked, as I now seem to have full control again.

I will see how it goes for a couple of days before becoming too ambitious in the posting stakes.

Bogs

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 02:04:16 AM »
Great news John!

It looks like maybe my short sharp discussion with the ISP worked, as I now seem to have full control again.

I will see how it goes for a couple of days before becoming too ambitious in the posting stakes.

Bogs

Steady as you go......  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!