Author Topic: 3D Printed Nerf Blaster  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
3D Printed Nerf Blaster
« on: June 24, 2020, 01:27:46 PM »
Well, my kid is into Nerf blasters. So, me being who I am, I went on line and started looking at modding Nerf blasters. Found some mods... performed some... but I wasn't happy with the way they worked. And quite frankly, neither was my son. But that is another story and only the starting point of this one.

During my researched, I found that some people were designing blasters and 3D printing them. One of the issues we had with the modded guns, is that they really didn't like cheap darts. I had modified an automatic blaster for a higher rate of fire. When he used it at a Nerf game, the cheap darts at the location were constantly jamming. So I was looking for a single shot accurate blaster.

I found it. I actually found a bunch. But this was the first one I decided to tackle.

One of the Nerf designers goes by the moniker, Captain Slug. His designs are really good and are remixed and modded quite a bit.

You can find info HERE about him and his designs.

I picked the Hypr. Downloaded the files from Thingiverse I ordered his hardware kit from his Etsy store, HERE.

Had so much fun with this thing... It shoots very well. I had to do some mods. Doubled up the O-ring on the plunger. Got longer pins for assemble. The kit had 7/8ths length and I ordered 1" from Mcmaster, which worked better.

Had so much fun, I have 8 feet of plastic tubing and am now printing some blasters for family.

Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: 3D Printed Nerf Blaster
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
Oh boy those Nerfs better look out  :clap:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline WeldingRod

Re: 3D Printed Nerf Blaster
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 09:41:37 PM »
Ah, happy days!
I have fond memories of the nerf era...
I still remember being at HD with Carl.  He said we needed something to store darts in, and grabbed a large orange toolbox.  Pretty soon that sucker was full ;-)
Ebay to the rescue!
We had lots of fun modding, painting, and blasting!
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk