Author Topic: Thought I'd share it with the group, as it is a great tool to have around.  (Read 8820 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Thought I'd share it with the group, as it is a great tool to have around. A garden cart that I picked up for the wife. She has health issues in addition to Multiple Sclerosis . It was a neat looking thing on the tractor supply web site. As with most sites it was hard to get a general idea of size as the pictures are shot to make it appear larger. and sometimes the sizes and dimensions given leave a lot to be desired. Also I was looking for something that my parents can operate. both of them being north of 75 years of age. It is easy to dump if it isn't filled to
capacity.

The other thing is having looked a number of other off pavement wagons and carts for the wife and parents the two wheelbarrow are hard to balance and move. Others being to large and hard to maneuver.  The other thing that caught my eye was that with out the plastic body and only a slight modification to the frame it would make a good off pavement cart for hauling a welder,plasma cutter or other heavy tools and materials. Plus the added benefit of being able to quickly convert to be pulled by a lawn tractor or quad/atv.

It was one of those wifey deals she needed it now if not sooner. and I should have made it last year when we started talking about it :lol: I will get a picture of the steering frame and the handle/hitch assemble. So the guys that want to build their own. It cost under $80.00 and for the hassle less. And for some reason she prefers that some of the stuff the neighbors see her using looks like we bought it from the store  :doh:

http://www.tractorsupply.com

My only real complaint with the stuff is that they used slot or regular screw heads on most of the screws which made it a pain with the nylon locking nuts they supplied. when used with my ¼"drive pneumatic wrench.

is the completed item.

Shows it in dumping mode, it also shows how the wheelbase shortens to make dumping easier.

Is the total parts of the cart.

A neat thing is the plastic carded parts grouped by steps with the instructions.

Shows the rear frame and axle  and dump lock attached to the body.

Guess somebody got hurt over inflating the balloon tires as now there are stickers in English and Spanish on each tire.

Is the front frame assembly and the steering set up.

I did change from the cheap light duty cotter pins for the wheels to the hitch pin clips from one of those Horrible Fright parts kits that are great to have around.

I also drilled and used two large washers on the connecting bolt to make it easier to remove the handle from the cart for transport or storage. This model has the ability to convert from a hand pulled to hooking to the back of a lawn/garden type tractor. With a supplied hitch pin.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
Neat, never seen the hitch pin kits before.

John Stevenson

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
They also have the clevis pins in an assortment of say 2"long and different dia with 8 or 10 holes and you can cut the excess off if you can to. they have a great assortment of kits. Copper washers, mini fuse, regular fuse, glass fuse, those spring sheet metal screw clips.
glen
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Online Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
Machine Mart have em' as well

CC