Author Topic: Ya got ta love the latest reasons, for the higher gas prices in Michigan!  (Read 4305 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
 :lol: Ya got ta love the latest reasons, for the higher gas prices in Michigan! :lol: Which yesterday and this morning hit $3.00/gal. Higher than California and Hawaii!
On the local TV news:
The top reason was the state is a peninsula. So it is harder to deliver gas in it  :doh:

Since this is a new/recent phenomenon, and they must not be driving the tankers back to the fuel storage depots. I must find were they are leaving them, could be a new source of salvage material! :ddb: :ddb: 
The second is the Midwest's fuel mixture requirements.  :bugeye: I was led to believe that California had the most stringent, highest costing rules!

The things one can learn from TV  :smart:
Why can't they just say the real reason it is 35¢ more than most other states is GREED  :lol: :lol: :lol:
glen
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
At $3.00 a gal it's still incredibly cheap...count yourself lucky.... :med:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
At $3.00 a gal it's still incredibly cheap...count yourself lucky.... :med:

Yes we are, but the point is that. They can't or won't just say that the people that sell it from the refiners on down the food chain just want to make more money!  It went up 40¢ in less than two weeks. Just in time for the vacation season, and schools out.
glen

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
And it is now $1.50 higher than it was back in February!

bogstandard

Yours is about half the cost of ours, but what you have to remember, when you put fuel into your vehicle, you can go places with it.

On our little island, we waste most of it just ticking over on the car parks we call roads and motorways.

Bogs

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Yes John that is true but they just cut funding for road repair again so we to are return to to olden times of holey roads, and some that look like unpaved. Including the freeways some with so many patches on them the sections look like the suspension test road sections. :doh:
Got ta love progress, it seems that it might be full circle. breaking rocks into a useful size with larger rocks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
glen

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

bogstandard

We have the same sort of thing here on our B and some A class roads.

We have to pay the government a road tax every year, depending on the size, type and engine capacity of the vehicle. Varying from a few pounds for a moped, to many thousands of pounds for an artic. I should think the average motorist would pay about 200 squid a year for each vehicle he owns.

This is supposed to go towards maintaining our roads, but over the years, it has been classed as just another tax, and I think it just goes into the general tax coffers, and then they just allocate a little of it for road maintenance to the cheapest bidder for the contract. Crap contractors, crap roads that need patching up every year because they only do a patch up job in the first place, rather than a good quality repair. Dig the loose bit out, wack a bit of tarmac in the hole, and wait for it to break up, then repeat from the beginning. OK for a quickfix for a few months, a very false economy over the long term.

Bogs

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Dig the loose bit out, wack a bit of tarmac in the hole, and wait for it to break up, then repeat from the beginning.

That's called "job security".   :lol:  :lol:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds