Author Topic: An Icon lost  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
An Icon lost
« on: June 27, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »
I've been in the workshop most of the day fiddling about as you do, and had the radio on, as you do.....

I'm not really a fan, but tributes Michael Jackson has been on all day and you have to admire just how much influence this performer has had on the music industry.

I'm also amaized just how many of his songs are familiar to me....

Respect.....forget all the other stuff, this guy performed
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

bogstandard

Re: An Icon lost
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »
Darren,

I have been reading about all this on other forums, and unfortunately some of them have degenerated into pure disrespect for someone who gave more than he took. People only ever remember the bad, never the good.

No matter what you thought of the guy, and what he got up to, for the amount of enjoyment he gave to people around the world, he deserves the respect of everyone. Not to be turned into a circus side show, which is what is happening in the media at present, dragging up every bit of dirt they can find, just to boost viewing and listening figures. Is it really fantastic, world shattering news, that the removal men have been seen carrying blankets into his former residence. Go into any hospital in the world, day or night and you will see blankets being moved about by the million. Very little of the real true story ever comes out in situations like this.

I am sure that if someone went around chopping up a few people in public, the Michael Jackson destruction story would be dropped like a ton of bricks, and be totally lost in the new media frenzy.

So basically, to myself, although I was never a fan, he was a person who brought a little light into many peoples lives, and it can not be proved that he ever hurt anyone. So just let him be remembered as he was, one of the best entertainers the modern generations have had the pleasure to see and hear, wacko or not.

John

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »
The problem now becomes it will be MJ all the time for some time to come, with the 500 million he owes, who is going to get his kids. The speculation of what has been done to those kids living in such an unreal world that he lived in the last 10 years.
And all the weirdo's that now will come out of the shadows, with more claims than can ever be disproved or proved.

He is on his way to selling more stuff after he is dead then when he was alive! Which in away is a sad comment on things.

They said that the people that were in the know, that his comeback concert was never going to come off.

No matter what his accomplishments in the industry known for chewing em up and spiting them out. He sadly will be remembered for the sorry and silly stuff he did or didn't do
 :( :( it is really sad.
glen
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 03:05:15 AM »
I agree with you Guys it realy is sad  :(

He was victim of his own success when he was alive people used him as a money making machine, and now that he's dead people will still make money out of him, just wait for the conspiracy books to come out.

May he rest in piece.

Stew

A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »
Well it starts, the lawyers are dipping their, writs into the wealth pool of MJ. They showed video of them cleaning out the rental house last night, and that the nut case Debbie Rowe now wants only her two kids back (she probably smells money),but not the 3rd  child's unidentified mother.
I'm correcting this as they just said on the news that Ms. Rowe wants nothing to do with MJ's children. She is very happy, playing with her horses on the ranch the kids bought her when she gave them to MJ. It was her lawyer that smelled money. And jumped the gun!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
glen
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:01:39 AM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen