Author Topic: Sortout - free to good home - or bad one for that matter  (Read 5968 times)

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
Sortout - free to good home - or bad one for that matter
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:10:17 AM »
FREE
Materials
Sortout - free to good home - or bad one for that matter

To make room for two new CNC's I have had to sort out my 'spares' collection with a vengeance with the result that I have literally grabbed everything for an area big enough for them and threw it all outside.
consists of large multi core cables, MIL type plugs and sockets, some alloy pulleys, armoured cable, loads of relays, timers, starter boxes, themals.

All those parts that 'may' come in useful one day.

They are all outside, with a sheet over and it's fisrt come, first served until the scrappie calls round.

Situated 2 miles J24 / J25 M1 at Long Eaton, phone before coming 07966 376085

John S.
John Stevenson

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Re: Sortout - free to good home - or bad one for that matter
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:28:14 AM »
Hi John,

I need a starter switch and a reverse switch for my Beaver Mill, do you have something suitable in the "pile" ?

Or anything that will help me fit a 3ph circuit to my new garage? At the mo I have nothing except a rotary converter, but rather than keep swapping plugs I would like to wire a couple or more wall sockets.

Thanks
Darren
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:42:21 AM by Darren »
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
The whole idea of throwing this load of junk, useful pieces out was so I didn't have to delve in it again  :scratch:

Anyway found a set of reversing contacters and a 3 position switch, flicker, off, dim as it's a Lucas switch.
Do you want me to take them to the BBQ this weekend ?
We will be going up on Friday to help John setup and stay over until Sunday.

Oh forgot to mention they have come off a Beaver but a CNC model

John S.
John Stevenson

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:00:21 AM »
The whole idea of throwing this load of junk, useful pieces out was so I didn't have to delve in it again  :scratch:

Now how many time have you done that before.....throwing stuff away is hard, almost a crime...... :)

Thanks they will certainly help rescue a Beaver..... :lol:

Sounds like you have have a long weekend ahead of you John and I look forward to putting a face to your name. I do hope it stops raining......I shall probably be over around mid afternoon on Sat.
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)