Author Topic: Help Req buying Rotary table  (Read 17576 times)

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
Re: Help Req buying Rotary table
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »
Chris

Pic of my Vertex 6" on a Warco WM16.. table is 180mm wide, table outer slots are +/- 125mm centres apart ..

Maybe give you an idea of what size it is. I think a 6" may be too big for your machine. Up to you though, your call.

I'm thinking of getting a 4", as well as, not instead of .. ::) Vertex is a bit heavy for this rheumakity old scrote to heave about.

Pic is of my embryo Dirod ..

Dave
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:25:12 PM by Bluechip »
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.

Offline DavesWimshurst

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
Dave,
I'm intrigued by your workpiece!
Dave

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 06:37:52 AM »
DavesWimshurst ..

Sending you a PM. 'cos the reply has nothing to do with this thread really ..

Plus a few other comments & caveats reqd.

DaveBC
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »
Well, I generated the cash this week earlier than expected to pick up an RDG £65 no brand RT earlier today. Went down to RDG tools with my cash and stupidly hadn`t given much consideration to a chuck! I have a few chucks all which came with my boxford lathe so I picked up my 4" pratt burnerd 3 jaw chuck that is practically redundant and took that with me to check it would sit OK. Like I said, I hadn`t given this much thought and when I went down to RDG it was only then that I realised I wouldn`t be able to fit it on the RT. It is rear mounting to start with (rather than front which this RT uses) and the only other option would be to buy a boxford threaded to MT adaptor - however these little 4" RT apparently do not allow a large converting arber to tighten up correctly!

So, all my fault, I didn`t consider the chuck enough but unless I figure a way to fit this 4" it looks like I`m going to have to wait even longer and save up for a front mounting chuck. Seems such a shame when I already have one free! Anyway, I got some other bits and left the RT, no point in getting it if I can`t use it!

Is a new front mounting chuck my only option or is there anything else to consider - to be honest, as always, it is all down to cost or I`d just buy one!!