Author Topic: 7 1/4" guage Loco  (Read 7448 times)

Offline shoey51

7 1/4" guage Loco
« on: July 13, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
Im not sure if this is the place to post this as I didnt build it.
David has prompted me to post pictures of the loco I have just purchased. (it was at a price to hard to refuse)
so Here it is in full colour :D

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: 7 1/4" guage Loco
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
Hi Graham

Hope you don't mind but moved pics to Gallery

Real nice engine looks as though it will run great, and the rolling stock is very well modeled and detailed. Thanks for showing  :thumbup:

Do you know how to steam a model ?. I've watched chaps at the club steam locos lots of times, I thought if I hung around long enough one of them would take me under their wing and give me a bit of tuition, but no, they didn't even offer to give me a ride as a passenger,  :( so I thought stuff em, havn't been back for some time.

Ther's one or two other clubs in the area not quite as local, I'll try visiting them if there more welcoming they'll get my patronage.

Have fun with that engine

Cheers

Stew

A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline shoey51

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »
Stew thanks for putting it in the correct place.

I had a very quick training session last sunday at the club as I had to bring it up to steam to test the SV's and injector.
I could drive it though as I need to be licenced by the club so have to go back at a non club running day for some training.
Took me an hour to get ti up to steam but every thing was ok and the inspector passed it for running on their track :D

cheers Graham

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 02:26:23 AM »
VERY nice one Graham!

Thank you.....  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:10:25 PM »

I had a very quick training session last sunday at the club as I had to bring it up to steam to test the SV's and injector.
I could drive it though as I need to be licenced by the club so have to go back at a non club running day for some training.
Took me an hour to get ti up to steam but every thing was ok and the inspector passed it for running on their track :D

cheers Graham

Hi Graham

Do have to drive with L plates  :lol: sounds like your clubs got thing nice and organised don't forget to show us some pics or even a video when you get it going on the track but most of all have fun.

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 05:27:02 AM »
Stew,

I'm sure you'll find somewhere, in the vicinity. I know the guys in our club would be more than willing to show you the ropes and we have a club loco, an 0-6-0 Achilles that is ideal to learn on. I shudder to think how much distance that thing's covered! I know ours is a little to far to travel but I will let you know of any running days we're having and if the weather's really good it might be worth a look. I really think there will be somewhere nearby though that will take you under their wing.

Graham,

Looks great and think it'll be a very powerful and easy to run engine by the looks of it. Bet you can't wait to get behind the controls.

Nick

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »
I actually had to look at this thread twice to get an idea of the size. Always wanted to learn how to steam a loco.

Very nice acquisition!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.