Author Topic: Video editor suggestions  (Read 2363 times)

Offline ChooChooMike

Video editor suggestions
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »
I'm looking for a decent program for editing video. I'm getting tired of showing my crappy videos straight out of my little point 'n shoot and want to clean them up a bit before posting them.

I've seen some reviews on share/free-ware ones and commercial ones (e.g. Vegas video), but wanted some real life opinions.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
Re: Video editor suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »
The only one I have experience with is Pinnacle Studio, I think they are up to version 11 or so. I think it costs about £50, or at least that's what I paid for it. I've used it for editing and making DVD's and for editing shorter videos as well. It has plenty of features which I never use, too gimmicky, but I find it very straightforward to use.

You can have all your source clips lined up, then just drag and drop them onto a timeline and then trim the lengths, insert whatever fades you want between the clips, adjust the audio levels or replace the audio with another track or voiceover.

Then export to whatever format you need / have the codec's for.

That's pretty much all you need to edit video.

What I would reccommend is to download and try out a few video editing programs, most will offer a 30day free trial, try them out to see what suits you. What suits me may not seem comfortable to you.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
Re: Video editor suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »
Personally I just use the Windows movie maker that came free with my 'puter..... Works well enough for me!

I've tried some others..... Didn't really get very far  :bang:   Windows one was easy to pick up IMO.

You might have it on your machine?

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!