Author Topic: A quick little project.  (Read 4037 times)

Offline websterz

A quick little project.
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
Years ago I had to cut my wedding ring after banging my finger in the door. It started swelling before I could get the band off and I had to take a hacksaw to it. I turned myself a new titanium band tonight just to see if I could. I don't know what all the fuss is about, the stuff machines really nice! Aside from one little chip that ignited I had no issues at all, even drilling with HSS. It is a size 14+ (.915" to be exact) and weighs a whopping 3.95 grams!

I am going to make my wife a matching band to replace the one our daughter chewed up when she was 2. Yes...CHEWED it into a mangled gold ball. Let's see her do that to a titanium band! hehehe

"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med:

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Re: A quick little project.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
I have lathed many a Ti bolt to lighten it for my motorbike some years ago.....

I agree, why do people fuss over machining it? It lathes really nicely...... :ddb:

Nice ring..... :thumbup:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline websterz

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:20:59 PM »
I have lathed many a Ti bolt to lighten it for my motorbike some years ago.....

I agree, why do people fuss over machining it? It lathes really nicely...... :ddb:

Nice ring..... :thumbup:

I figured my little 7x12 would have issues with it. Guess all the mods I have been doing have really straightened the old gal up.  :proj:
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med:

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
Going by your list of mods I'd say it's no longer the same machine.

TBH you get a lot of machine for the price, but they can certainly be improved upon....
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)